Our basic approach to people helping people ('peer support') is summarized below, as well as a flavor of what we've offered in the past.
- 8-9:30 PM (EST) - Alternatives to Suicide. (More info at http://peerlyhuman.blogspot.com/2016/11/alternatives-to-suicide-tuesdays-8-930.html)
- 8-19:30 PM (EST) - Virtually Mad Cafe (More info at http://peerlyhuman.blogspot.com/2016/11/virtually-mad-pub-fridays-8-930-est.html)
- By phone: 331-205-7196, no pin (To block caller ID - Dial *67 first)
- By computer, click: uberconference.com/peerlyhuman (works best with a headset)
- International local access numbers: https://www.uberconference.com/international
Need More Info?Contact: Sarah Knutson
For more information about the Wellness & Recovery Human Rights Campaign and what we stand for, http://right2bu.blogspot.com/
Mission/ Vision: Human community for all states of mind
- To create an active, vibrant 24/7 community on-call that feels like human family and advances human rights.
- To offer a rich array of drop-in spaces for people to connect around shared values, needs and interests.
Core Values: No pros, no cops, no 911
- We are run by and for ourselves and each other.
- We exist to serve our own needs and values, both individually and collectively.
- First and foremost, we are accountable to our own consciences and to each other - not to the current mental health system or its values, practices, standards or laws.
- We respect the expertise and right to self-determination of our members.
- We check our degrees and credentials at the door.
- We participate as human beings on a human journey.
- Professional opinion and experience carries no special weight here - it is just the opinion and experience of other fallible, mortal human beings like ourselves.
- We support each other's capacity for reasoning and conscience rather that substituting or imposing our own viewpoints or values.
- We respect and learn from the diversity of our experiences, preferences and viewpoint.
- We work to share space and negotiate differences.
- We stay flexible to the emerging needs of the moment, rather than imposing hard fast rules about how every group should operate all of the time.
- We are self-funded solely by those who participate in our community.
One Firm Rule:No pros, no cops, no 911.
- Our Facebook Group & Event Descriptions, https://www.facebook.com/groups/ WellnessRecoveryRights
- Google Group & Related Forums, https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/e-alternatives